- Categories:About Us
- Time of issue:2019-12-19 00:00:00
Rubber and Plastic Insulation Material
Basic Technical Regulations and Installation Instructions
1. Installation Technical Specification of Rubber and Plastic Insulation Material
The following points should be paid attention to in the installation of rubber and plastic insulation materials:
1. All cutting gaps and joints should be bonded and sealed with Huamei brand glue.
2. All the tees, elbows, valves, flanges and other accessories are required to reach the design thickness after installation.
3. Don’t be too hard when binding with glue. All connectors between materials should be bonded under slight squeeze.
4. The installation should follow the sequence of big tubes followed by small ones; elbows followed by tees and then straight pipes and finally valves and flanges.
5. When installing freezing water pipe and refrigeration equipment, both ends of the rubber and plastic pipes, and gaps between iron pipes all need to be bonded with glue and the bonding width should not equal to the thickness of rubber materials.
6. The cutting gap mouth of the pipe should be installed in an inconspicuous place, and the gap mouths of two pipes should be staggered.
7. Don’t install the material if the machine is running. Do remember never turn on the machine within 36 hours after the installation.
8. Big-pipe-diameter rubber pipes have become oval due to packaging, please dissect the side that is relatively flat when cut.
How to use glue correctly
1. Shake the container to make the glue uniform before use. Use small tanks of glue in actual installation to prevent the glue from volatiling too fast. If necessary, glue in a big tank can be poured into a small one and seal the tank mouth when it is not in service.
2. Use a short and hard brush.
3. Coat a thin layer of specially used glue on the adhesive surface of the two ends of the material.
4. The natural drying time of special glue is 3 to 10 minutes, depending on the grade of glue, temperature and humidity of the air. The glue will be invalid if exposed for over 20 minutes.
5. Let the glue dry naturally. The correct method of measuring whether the glue is dry is “finger touch method”. Touch the glue surface with a finger, if the finger will not be sticked to the material surface, and you no sticky feel on the material surface, then the bonding can be done.
6. For bonding, just align and hold the two surfaces of the bonding mouth firmly for a while.
7. If left too long and the two surfaces become non-sticky, then repeat step 2-6.
8. Usually, every kilogram of rubber glue can be applied to a two square-meter adhesive surface.
9. Generally, special glue cannot be used below 5 ℃. When working in an environment with a temperature of 5 ℃ -10 ℃, place the glue in a room with a temperature of20 ℃ and fetch it when to use.
10. When connecting two materials under pressure, you need not wait for glue drying but can adopt the wet bonding method. Place the material at the installation place first, apply glue at the interface, then adjust the position of the two materials correctly and soon the material will be firmly bonded as per places you design.
11. Check whether the glue and the anti-rust paint protecting the iron pipe is solidly bonded.